Traffic Tickets . . . what a pain! Eventually, even the most careful drivers may receive a Traffic Citation at some point. No one is perfect. However, if that Traffic Ticket is not handled properly, a simple mistake in driving can really cost you!
Traffic Tickets can cause you the following problems:
1) Insurance Increases from 45% to 400% depending on the charge!
2) Points on your Drivers License!
3) Possible revocation or suspension of your Drivers License!
4) Time missed from work, school or other activities due to Court appearances!
5) Possible missed time and expense due to having to attend Safe Driving School!
6) Possible employment problems if your job depends on a clean driving record!
Read on for more information OR Scroll Down to use our Easy 3 Step Traffic Ticket Interview Form and Handle your Ticket Online in a few Minutes!
Why hire an attorney for a simple Traffic Ticket? Isn’t it easier to go to Court myself or just ‘pay it off’?
What are the possible benefits for me?
- Better Results: it is more likely that our law firm can obtain a better outcome than if you represent yourself in Court or ‘pay off’ your Ticket. Also, our firm will provide you with all options available to you. Some other attorney’s / law firm’s only offer the options that are easiest for them!
- No Court Appearance: we can handle most Traffic Tickets without you having to waste time appearing in Court and standing in multiple lines.
- No Driving School: we can handle most Traffic Tickets without your having to pay for and attend Safe Driving School.
- Avoid Insurance Increases: we can generally take care of your case in a way that will NOT result in an insurance increase. If your case is not handled properly, you could see an insurance increase of 45% or more over the next 3 years.
- Avoid License Points / Suspensions: we can generally take care of your case so that you will NOT have license points or a suspension.
- Flexible Payment Plans: the Court and some other law firms only accept payment in full. Our firm has flexible payment plans so that if needed, you can make payments over several months that fit your budget.
- Over All Cost: hiring our law firm is often less or only slightly more than ‘paying off’ or handling your own Traffic Ticket. For example, in cases of Speeding in a School Zone, the cost to pay off the ticket is usually well over $400 – our firm can often take care of cases like that for $388 which will save you $50 or more with the added benefit of no insurance increase or license points!
What we need to represent you! 3 Simple Steps:
1) A copy of your TRAFFIC TICKET (if you have lost your copy – don’t worry we can get a copy from the Court).
2) A signed WAIVER OF APPEARANCE – there should be a Waiver in the advertisement letter our firm sent to you. Didn’t get an ad letter from our firm? No problem! You may download one by clicking one of the formats below or you can request that we mail, fax or e-mail one to you. Simply read the Waiver then sign and date in the shaded areas at the bottom. Do not fill out the remainder of the Waiver – we will do that for you! Note: These Waivers are virus, spy-ware and ad-ware free and are secured using the same methods as banks do.
You can get your Traffic Ticket Interview Form, Traffic Ticket and the signed Waiver back to us by:
- using our Pre-Paid Envelope or mailing to PO Box 279 Jacksonville, NC 28541 or
- bringing it to our office in person if you are in the Onslow County, NC area or
- faxing to: (910) 333-8513 or
- scanning and sending as an e-mail attachment to: email@example.com
3) PAYMENT of the quoted fee. We accept the following methods of payment and we do have Flexible Payment Plans available if needed:
- cash (at our office) if you are in the local Jacksonville, NC area, or
- personal / cashiers checks, money orders made payable to The Houser Law Firm and dropped off at our office or mailed to PO Box 279 Jacksonville, NC 28541 or
- by MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express either: 1) at our office or 2) by phone at: (910) 333-9679 or 3) here on our secure website.
That’s it! You are done! Once we receive those 3 things we will resolve your Traffic Ticket!
Wow, that all sounds great! What are my options for having your law firm take care of my Traffic Ticket and how much will it cost?
Our fees for Traffic Tickets start at $50, plus Court Cost and Fine (if any). For multiple offenses or more serious traffic offenses, our fee will be more. Court Cost are currently $188 to $190. Fines generally vary from $0 to $75. However, we will beat any other attorney’s or law firm’s advertised fee!
Depending on what you are charged with and your past driving record, most clients can benefit from one of the following options:
1) Dismissal: This is obviously always the best option! For certain Traffic Tickets, we can request that they be dismissed. For example: charges of Failure to Reduce Speed; Expired Registration / Tags; No Operators License and No Insurance can often be dismissed and should generally never be ‘paid off’. Also, most charges in which an accident was involved may often be dismissed.
2) A reduction to Improper Equipment: This is a non-moving violation that will cause no insurance increase or license points. Generally speaking, this will be the best choice for most people charged with speeding 20 mph or less over the speed limit and other minor traffic violations – especially if you are licensed out of state or have a CDL license.
3) A Reduction to a Lesser Speed or Lesser Offense: This option, if done properly, will generally result in no insurance increase or license suspension. However, DMV will often access license points. For most drivers, license points are of no concern unless you accumulate enough points to merit a suspension. However, if for employment or other reasons, you need to have a ‘clean’ driving record with no license points, then this may not be the best option.
4) A Prayer for Judgment Continued or PJC: This is relief that comes directly from a Judge and results in no conviction and will cause no insurance increase or license points. It is most useful in situations where it is important that you not be ‘convicted’ of a Traffic Ticket, such as for employment purposes where a ‘clean’ driving record is required. While this option is attractive because it is often substantially cheaper and may save you some money, it is important that you realize that only one PJC will be effective for insurance purposes during any 3 year period and per insurance policy – meaning that once used, neither you nor any of the drivers on your insurance policy should use another PJC within the 3 year period. If you or another driver on your insurance policy uses another PJC within the 3 year period, you will most likely see an insurance increase – possibly based on all tickets that have a PJC attached to them. Also, this option is completely ineffective if you have a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or you were originally charged with a speed greater than 25 mph over the speed limit. Generally speaking, this option is best for people licensed in North Carolina, who get Traffic Tickets very rarely and for whom cost and / or license points are a factor. Otherwise, you may want to consider saving this option for a more serious traffic violation or until it is clearly needed.
To retain our firm, simply call us at (910) 333-9679. We will discuss your options for taking care of your case and quote you the appropriate fee. You can then relax and put your Traffic Ticket out of your mind while we will take care of everything for you. Or you can fill out our Online Traffic Ticket Intake Form below and get started IMMEDIATELY!!!
NOTE: This form takes about 5-10 minutes to complete and is broken down into 3 simple steps and you are done with your Traffic Ticket in an easy, professional and convenient way that will not effect your license or insurance or will minimize any effect! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ‘SCREW UP’ THIS FORM – EACH SUBMISSION IS PERSONALLY REVIEWED AND IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS WE WILL CONTACT YOU BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION ON YOUR CASE!
We are in the process of making our Traffic Ticket Interview Form more streamlined and easier to use. In the mean time use the form below:
TRAFFIC TICKET INTERVIEW FORM
If you prefer not to submit information online, you may download our Traffic Ticket Interview Form in the format of your choice and then follow our 3 Simple Steps below. Simply print the form, fill it out and bring it with you to your appointment or return it to us by mail, fax or scanned e-mail attachment and we will respond to you just as if you filled out the online version of the form. Note: These forms are virus, spy-ware and ad-ware free and are secured using the same methods as banks do.
Click here for: PDF Version of the Traffic Ticket Interview Form
Click here for: Word Perfect Version of the Traffic Ticket Interview Form
Coming soon, MS Word version!
This form is for minor traffic offenses with up to 2 charges per ticket – if you have more than one ticket you will need to submit a separate Intake Form for each ticket. If you are charged with serious criminal traffic offenses such as: Speeding Greater Than 25 mph Over The Limit, Driving While License Revoked, Careless & Reckless, Speed Competition or alcohol related offenses like Consuming Under 21 or Driving While Impaired, call us at (910) 333-9679 OR fill out the form below omitting Step 2 and we will advise you on the options for resolving your case and quote you an affordable fee. The information requested on this form is transmitted securely and will only be used for the prompt resolution of your legal matter(s) and will not be released to anyone outside our office without your prior consent. Please fill out the form accurately and completely to avoid delays. There is no fee to fill out this form unless you retain our firm.
Select the County your Ticket is scheduled to be heard in. This will be printed toward the top of your ticket. Each District has its own policies regarding how Traffic Tickets are handled and this affects the final fee we quote you. If you don’t select the correct county, your fee will most likely be misquoted!
ONSLOW County, Jacksonville
JONES County, Trenton
DUPLIN County, Keanansville
PENDER County, Burgaw
OTHER COUNTY We can represent you in any county in North Carolina. If your case is outside our geographic practice area we will associate with a trusted attorney or law firm to resolve your Traffic Ticket.
I Don’t Know Which County If you have lost your Traffic Ticket we can look up the location of your case for you.