North Carolina Do It Yourself Divorce Forms | Easy & Affordable

Personalized Divorce Forms for a Do It Yourself Divorce – $95

Prepared and Reviewed by a licensed North Carolina Attorney

Works in all North Carolina Counties

Our Law Firm prepares superior Divorce Forms!
Compare to other services such as: DivorceWriter at $149, Complete Case at $299 & Legal Zoom at $299 – and we provide telephone and e-mail support to help you during the divorce process if you have questions.

Are Do It Yourself Divorce Forms best for me?  To be eligible: you must have been separated (not living together) for 1 year AND one of you must have resided in N.C. for at least the last 6 months. If so, we offer two options for those considering an Uncontested Divorce.  The best option for you depends on two simple YES / NO questions below:

1) Are you indigent (low or no income)?  

If YES, and if you are eligible to have Court cost waived – you may save some money doing your own divorce – go on to question 2.

If NO, stop here – it is likely better and definitely far easier if we do your divorce for you.  CLICK here for a Better Option.

2) Even if you are indigent, is $395 too much for you to spend on your divorce?  

If YES, then our Divorce Forms may be your best option.

If NO, it is likely better and definitely far easier if we do your divorce for you. CLICK here for a Better Option.

If you answered YES to BOTH questions above.  Just fill out the Divorce Interview Form below, make your payment and you are done!

Yes, it is that EASY!
Comodo Secure Logo
NOTE: Your information is transmitted securely!
Please fill out the form accurately and completely to avoid delays or costly corrections.

Divorce Forms Interview

This is a quick, easy, straight forward form. Some fields are required and can not be left blank. If you don't know the answer to a required field, just type 'unknown' and move on to the next question. We will assist you with unknown question(s) later.

Please Note: we are happy to prepare the forms and instructions you will need to do your own divorce but be advised that you will likely end up spending more than our fee of $395 to 'do it yourself' AND you run the risk of failing to do something correctly and/or timely which may cause your divorce action to be delayed or dismissed.
We MUST have your FULL legal name. Usually this will be as it appears on your Driver License or other current government issued ID.
If you do not enter your full address including the street address, city, state and zip code - it may delay the processing of your divorce and you likely will not receive a hard copy of your divorce complaint in the mail.
If you live in Louisiana, enter the Parish you live in. If you live in an Incorporated City or outside the United States this entry may not apply. If so, write Incorporated City, 'NA' or 'Unknown'.
Either you OR your spouse MUST have resided in the state of North Carolina for at least the past 6 months to be eligible to file for divorce in North Carolina.
Your e-mail address will not be sold or used for any purpose other than for us to contact you directly.
This field is OPTIONAL. If you do not want to be contacted by phone just leave blank!
The exact date of marriage is critical. If you do not know the exact date - we may be able to look it up for you if you know where you were married.
If married in Louisiana, enter the Parish. If married outside the United States, enter the Country and that countries' equivalent of City, County, and State
Note: YOU MUST BE SEPARATED FOR ONE YEAR! You must have been physically separated (not living together) for at least one year in order to be eligible to file for divorce in North Carolina. This date does not have to be exact but should include at least the month and year.
Children born or adopted BEFORE the marriage do not need to be included.
You can choose to go back to the name you were born with. This is known as your 'Maiden Name'. Or you may choose to resume a former married name IF you also have minor children from that former marriage. You can not change your name to anything other than your Maiden Name or Former Married Name in a divorce action. If you want to change your name to something else, you will need to go through the formal name change process with your local county clerk or courts office.
This field is OPTIONAL however, if you want to resume your Maiden Name or Former Married Name and you do not provide your birth date or provide an incorrect birth date, you will most likely have difficulty changing government ID's such as your drivers license and Social Security card.
If you do not know or are unsure of the date your Separation Agreement was signed - just leave this field blank or write 'Unknown'.
We MUST have your spouse's FULL legal name.
If you do not know your spouse's address, you can still get divorced but it may require doing a legal publication in a major newspaper where your spouse was last know to live. The cost for a legal publication varies, so if you need to serve your spouse by this method we will need to get a quote for you. This cost is not included in the $395 fee. We recommend doing everything you can to locate a good address for your spouse because it is by far much less expensive to serve your spouse by certified mail or by sheriff.
If your spouse lives in Louisiana, enter the Parish they live in. If your spouse lives in an Incorporated City or outside the United States this entry may not apply. If so, write 'NA' or 'Unknown'.
NOTE: We will likely need to verify your Spouse's military status. This is done by a simple affidavit but does require personal information such as your spouse's date of birth and social security number.
NOTE: This information is needed to verify and prepare an affidavit of military status. It is OPTIONAL at this stage if you prefer not to provide in now but we will likely need it at some point.
We will get your forms to the Post Office timely but once there, we do not have control over the postal service and can not guarantee timely delivery.


Note: It is never a good idea to do your own legal work.  However, a lot of people choose to attempt to do their own divorce because they are convinced they can save some money.  You likely won’t!  Once you factor in Court cost, the expense of traveling back and forth to Court for a minimum of at least 3 times and miscellaneous expenses such as Motion Fees, you will most likely end up spending more than our fee of $395 to handle everything for you – and you had to do all the work!  Generally, the only way you will save money using any Divorce Forms is if you are indigent (low or no income) and eligible for court cost be waived.  From a cost / benefit point of view – it just doesn’t make good sense to do your own divorce.

 What happens after I submit my info?  You will get an automated e-mail confirmation.  We will review your responses to determine if you are eligible to file for divorce in North Carolina.  We will then contact you based on your contact instructions (either by e-mail and / or phone and during the time(s) you have specified) if there are any issues that need clarified.  Once you have made payment (we accept checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa & Discover), we will immediately prepare your forms and e-mail them to you.  When you receive your forms, check them for any spelling errors (if it is our error, we will do corrections at no additional charge).  If everything is correct, follow our simple step by step instructions on how to properly file them with the Court.  If you have any questions during the divorce process we offer telephone and e-mail support at no additional charge.

What’s Included In My Divorce Forms Package?

  • Summons
  • Divorce Complaint
  • Domestic Action Cover Sheet
  • Affidavit of Service
  • Motion for Summary Judgment
  • Motion Cover Sheet
  • Judgment of Absolute Divorce
  • Instruction sheet on where to go and what to do with the above forms.
  • Telephone and e-mail support to answer your questions! *other services generally do not provide this for you!