Divorce in North Carolina – All Counties | Easy, Quick, Simple & Cheap


If you have been Separated for one year AND you or your  spouse has lived in North Carolina for at least 6 months, this is the EASIEST, QUICKEST & most AFFORDABLE way to get through the divorce process – 3 Simple Steps:

1) Fill out our Divorce Interview Form below  – takes about 5 minutes!

2) We will then draft and e-mail your Divorce paper work – you just Print, Sign and Return

3) Make your Payment.  That’s it!  No Court, No Office Visit – we handle everything else.

(Yes, it is that easy)

Comodo Secure LogoNOTE: Your information is transmitted securely!  Please fill out the form accurately and completely to avoid delays.
After you press submit, you will see a confirmation page.  If not – check to see if you missed any required responses.

Your Divorce paper work is hand drafted and reviewed by a  licensed North Carolina attorney – not some mere computer generated form as with other services.
So it may take up to 24 hours to receive it by e-mail.

Don’t wanna wait for us to draft your Divorce paper work?  Want it right now instead?

Click here to immediately download a ‘fill in the blank’ style form you can Print, Fill Out, Sign and Return right now – with no waiting! 

Divorce Interview Form

This is a quick, easy, straight forward form. Some fields are required and can not be left blank. If you don't know the answer to a required field, just type 'unknown' and move on to the next question. We will assist you with unknown question(s) later.

Please Note: A Standard Uncontested Divorce is $395 and can be completed in 45 to 60 days. We can complete it quicker in 30 to 45 days if your spouse is willing to cooperate with you. There is an additional fee $100 for a total of $495 for the Expedited Service. Also, while we are happy to prepare all the forms and instructions you will need to do your own divorce, be advised that you will likely end up spending more than our fee of $395 to 'do it yourself' AND you run the risk of failing to do something correctly and/or timely which may cause your divorce action to be delayed or dismissed.
We MUST have your FULL legal name. Usually this will be as it appears on your Driver License or other current government issued ID.
If you do not enter your full address including the street address, city, state and zip code - it may delay the processing of your divorce and you likely will not receive a hard copy of your divorce complaint in the mail.
If you live in Louisiana, enter the Parish you live in. If you live in an Incorporated City or outside the United States this entry may not apply. If so, write Incorporated City, 'NA' or 'Unknown'.
Either you OR your spouse MUST have resided in the state of North Carolina for at least the past 6 months to be eligible to file for divorce in North Carolina.
Your e-mail address will not be sold or used for any purpose other than for us to contact you directly.
This field is OPTIONAL. If you do not want to be contacted by phone just leave blank!
The exact date of marriage is critical. If you do not know the exact date - we may be able to look it up for you if you know where you were married.
If married in Louisiana, enter the Parish. If married outside the United States, enter the Country and that countries' equivalent of City, County, and State
Note: YOU MUST BE SEPARATED FOR ONE YEAR! You must have been physically separated (not living together) for at least one year in order to be eligible to file for divorce in North Carolina. This date does not have to be exact but should include at least the month and year.
Children born or adopted BEFORE the marriage do not need to be included.
You can choose to go back to the name you were born with. This is known as your 'Maiden Name'. Or you may choose to resume a former married name IF you also have minor children from that former marriage. You can not change your name to anything other than your Maiden Name or Former Married Name in a divorce action. If you want to change your name to something else, you will need to go through the formal name change process with your local county clerk or courts office.
This field is OPTIONAL however, if you want to resume your Maiden Name or Former Married Name and you do not provide your birth date or provide an incorrect birth date, you will most likely have difficulty changing government ID's such as your drivers license and Social Security card.
If you have a Separation Agreement we will need to see a copy of it - please do not send your original document.
If you do not know or are unsure of the date your Separation Agreement was signed - just leave this field blank or write 'Unknown'.
We MUST have your spouse's FULL legal name.
If you do not know your spouse's address, you can still get divorced but it may require doing a legal publication in a major newspaper where your spouse was last know to live. The cost for a legal publication varies, so if you need to serve your spouse by this method we will need to get a quote for you. This cost is not included in the $395 fee. We recommend doing everything you can to locate a good address for your spouse because it is by far much less expensive to serve your spouse by certified mail or by sheriff.
If your spouse lives in Louisiana, enter the Parish they live in. If your spouse lives in an Incorporated City or outside the United States this entry may not apply. If so, write 'NA' or 'Unknown'.
NOTE: We will likely need to verify your Spouse's military status. This is done by a simple affidavit but does require personal information such as your spouse's date of birth and social security number.
NOTE: This information is needed to verify and prepare an affidavit of military status. It is OPTIONAL at this stage if you prefer not to provide in now but we will likely need it at some point.


Want it right now? Don’t wanna wait for us to draft you Divorce paper work?
Click here to immediately download a form you can Print, Fill Out, Sign and Return
 right now! 

READ ON FOR ADDITIONAL DIVORCE INFORMATION: Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina is where the parties are not fighting over other issues and agree to have a Divorce Judgment entered. 
Our firm only handles Uncontested Divorces.

In North Carolina, there are two (2) basic requirements for an Uncontested Divorce:

1) Either the Husband OR the Wife must have resided in the State of North Carolina for at least six (6) months prior to filing the Divorce, AND  2) The Husband and Wife must have been physically separated (not living together) for at least one (1) year with the intention of the person filing the Divorce to not resume the marital relationship.  If you meet these two simple requirements – you are most likely eligible for an Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina.   

Our firm knows that the paper work and process of getting a divorce can be complicated and emotionally draining.  We can handle this process for clients anywhere in the state of North Carolina.  You will NOT need to appear in Court or travel to our office!  If you are eligible and have submitted sufficient information, we will e-mail you a copy of your divorce complaint to review, sign and return to us.  After that your involvement is done – we will handle everything else.

Our fee for an Uncontested Divorce is a flat rate fee of $395.  People often end up paying more than $395 attempting to do it yourself.  The $395 fee covers EVERYTHING* needed for a standard Uncontested Divorce, including your Court cost of $225 or $235, Motion Fee of $20 and Miscellaneous Expenses.   The process normally takes 45 to 60 days to complete from start to finish.  If you and your spouse are interested in speeding up the process AND your spouse is willing to cooperate with you, the divorce can be completed in 25 to 30 days.  There is an additional fee of $100 for the quicker expedited service – just let us know in the Divorce Interview Form below if you need expedited service.

Our law firm prides itself on having the lowest and most affordable attorney fee in the entire state of North Carolina and for providing a professional, easy, convenient and inexpensive way to get our clients through the divorce process.  For additional information and links to other sources – scroll down below the Divorce Interview Form.

If you prefer not to submit information online, you may download our Divorce Interview Form in the format of your choice below.  Simply download and print the form, fill it out and bring it with you to your appointment or return it to us by mail, fax or scanned e-mail attachment and we will respond to you just as if you filled out the online version of the form.  Note: These forms are virus, spy-ware and ad-ware free and are secured using the same methods as banks do.

Click here for: PDF Version of the Divorce Interview Form

Click here for: Word Perfect Version of the Divorce Interview Form

Coming soon, MS Word version!

LINKS to other helpful Information:

Click here for more information on:  The Divorce Process: What To Expect – Our 5 Simple Steps

Click here for: A Word of Caution About Other ‘Online Divorce Websites’ and ‘Divorce Form Preparation Services’

Once your divorce is filed, if you’d like to know you case number, Court Date or other Court information: Click Here: To go to the North Carolina Administrative Offices of the Court

Our Service is for an Uncontested Divorce only
(meaning you are not fighting with your spouse about other matters).  Please discuss the divorce with your spouse BEFORE you hire us to make sure you both AGREE and want a divorce.  If your divorce becomes contested, we may have to dismiss your case or have it moved to another county!  Also, unless you have a properly drafted Separation Agreement, once this type of Divorce is filed, you may be waiving any claims to Equitable Distribution (a Court division of property), Post Separation Support and / or Alimony (any monetary support payments from your spouse).  If you have questions about this, call us.  While it may sound complicated and lawyerly, it’s not and takes about 5 minutes to explain.

* NOTE: Our fee of $395 includes everything needed for a standard Uncontested Divorce including Court Cost and Expenses including service of the Divorce Complaint by certified mail which is sufficient for most clients if you have a good mailing address for your spouse.  However, the fee does not cover other methods of service such as service by sheriff or by a legal publication in a newspaper if you do not have a good address for your spouse.

Our firm represents clients in Uncontested Divorce from all 100 North Carolina counties:
Alamance County, Alexander County, Alleghany County, Anson County, Ashe County, Avery County, Beaufort County, Bertie County, Bladen County, Brunswick County, Buncombe County, Burke County, Cabarrus County, Caldwell County, Camden County, Carteret County, Caswell County, Catawba County, Chatham County, Cherokee County, Chowan County, Clay County, Cleveland County, Columbus County, Craven County, Cumberland County, Currituck County, Dare County, Davidson County, Davie County, Duplin County, Durham County, Edgecombe County, Forsyth County, Franklin County, Gaston County, Gates County, Graham County, Granville County, Greene County, Guilford County, Halifax County, Harnett County, Haywood County, Henderson County, Hertford County, Hoke County, Hyde County, Iredell County, Jackson County, Johnston County, Jones County, Lee County, Lenoir County, Lincoln McDowell County, Macon County, Madison County, Martin County, Mecklenburg County, Mitchell County, Montgomery County, Moore  County, Nash  County, New Hanover County, Northampton County, Onslow County, Orange County, Pamlico County, Pasquotank County, Pender County, Perquimans County, Person County, Pitt County, Polk County, Randolph Richmond County, Robeson County, Rockingham County, Rowan County, Rutherford County, Sampson County, Scotland County, Stanly County, Stokes County, Surry County, Swain Transylvania County, Tyrrell County, Union County, Vance County, Wake County, Warren County, Washington County, Watauga County, Wayne County, Wilkes County, Wilson County, Yadkin County, Yancey County